Monday, April 2, 2012

Is this real life...?

I haven't been this happy in a long, long time...



Can you tell? ;)

I confess, I did sit in Starbucks just to read my own work. Not that I haven't read the manuscript, oh, 500 times already, but it's different to actually see the final product. And already, I am my own worst critic. I read it for the 501st time and thought, "That sentence is just too repetitive," "This whole paragraph doesn't make sense," and "Why did I put that in there?! That's way too much information!!" My life is literally an open book now. I don't regret any detail I wrote, raw and personal as many of them are...they all serve a purpose. Nothing is random or accidental.

I am also about 99.99% sure that I will be going to Denver Seminary this fall...more on that later. This is yet another decision that has not come easy to me, as much as I love both the school and the city. It's a huge commitment, and another big chapter of my life that I can't believe is approaching soon. And I may or may not be making another trip out to Estes Park this summer to see some of my LT friends. As of now, I've earned a little under $20 in book sales. Hey, that's 20 cups of tea at Scribbles Cafe :)

My 23rd year of life is off to an exciting start, and it's not even my half birthday yet. New book...new boyfriend...new school plans...Suffice it to say, I am a very blessed, happy camper. I never imagined that ANY of this was possible.

2 comments:

  1. This year's a long and strange year, not very sure what is happening in 2012 but there really are spirits in the air! Thirty-five days in a month? Not exactly. And no one can really ever fall apart. Work as hard as you can at Denver, save your money, and get back home in one piece. Be seeing you. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirty-one days in the month. I just electrified from too many bytes of dinner. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete