Saturday, April 16, 2011

Finishing the race

"Give all or give nothing. If you give in even a little bit, you've already compromised, might as well just finish what you've started."

I used to believe those lies, but on some days I stop and think, Can I really call myself a success if I came thisclose to losing? Can I really say that I made it even though there were so many times I wanted nothing more than to give up? Oh, how badly I've wanted to give up...

But slipping up once (or twice, or 5 times, or 12...) doesn't have to automatically equate with failure (does it?).

God bless those who can make it to the finish line without ever screwing up. By all means, finish everything that is noble and worthy. I wish I knew that I could have opted for the nearest way out when I was already knee-deep in a mistake (but not quite over my head). I didn't have to stay stuck just because I already had one foot sinking in mud, and the other still on concrete.

I can finish this race even if it damn near kills me. Oh, how it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment