Monday, October 1, 2012

The impending birth of book two!

It's officially October...that means my book is almost here! Still no official release date yet, but you can pre-order directly from the publisher. It will be on Amazon and in e-book format soon!



For the first time I'm actually thankful for the new Facebook timeline format, because it's a perfect place to post my new banner:



This is a quote from the back cover, which should technically read "Revealing, important truths that every woman needs to know." What a difference a little punctuation can make! But that's still accurate (can you tell how strongly and passionately I feel about this message?). And, if you're just as excited about defeating rape culture as I am, you can join my Facebook group!

After this comes out, my next "published" writings will be blog posts from now on. Grad school is completely taking over my life. But I will always have time to promote the messages in this book, not because I love to see my name in print, but because this is a subject that affects EVERYONE. Sexual abuse is more common than most of us would like to believe, and it's quite fitting that this book is being released during Domestic Violence Month. It would mean a lot to me if people could post their feedback in the form of a customer review on Amazon after reading, regardless of whether you loved or hated it. If it was too triggering, say so. Part of me honestly hopes that it is, just a little bit, because we need to be disturbed by this in order to advocate against it. Writing it was an integral part of healing for me, I hope those who read it feel the same.

1 comment:

  1. There are so many channels delivering content degrading to the male and female 'power' balance. Too many women take for granted that they are victims. They will pay for it? - Michael S.

    ReplyDelete