Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Joy re-discovered

I am acutely aware of how drastic the life changes between this year and last have been. A year ago right now I was settling in Estes Park, Colorado, at the lowest point in my life. Who would have thought I'd accomplish the first item on my bucket list by now? Even better...


My first book signing! I was told that religious-themed books don't sell as well, but I figured it was worth a shot. I know at least three people will show up: my boyfriend and his parents :) Other than that...who knows. I've had this silly idea that the success of sharing my story with the world somehow depends on how "together" my life is. I've had many people, from the woman who does landscaping in our yard to my family dentist stop in where I work and tell me they have been praying for me for years, and they are proud of me.

I wish I felt as confident. I feel like the more I grow in my faith, the more aware I am of how messed up I was before. Sometimes it's hard to be dependent on Christ when everything is going so well. But it's during those times that I remember where I used to be...and I thank God I am still here.

Right now I'm just enjoying the time I have left in Ohio. While I wish the summer would hurry up and fly by so I can begin my new life in Colorado, I still need to cherish the time I have left here, where it all began.


Here we go, Summer 2012!


Botanical Gardens with my one and only


These old wings/been a long time, been a long time coming/These old wings/Just gotta be good for something
Burn these strings/So I can see what these old things/What these old wings can do...


 Yep, life is pretty good right now, I think.

1 comment:

  1. The community garden movement could use a boost. The monarch butterflies haven't been seen around here for a long time, perhaps they migrate in the fall? This is a burning question for some. These must be at the Holden Arboretum? Life does look pretty good right now, I think. Agreed?

    ReplyDelete