Friday, July 26, 2013

Let your words be anything but empty

Sometimes healing means doing things that make you uncomfortable. I never thought speaking in front of crowds would ever make me uncomfortable, as someone who used to make her home on ice rinks and high school auditorium stages. But tonight, I was nervous. I think I was nervous not because of the people, but the subject matter. Because it's a subject so close to my heart, I knew I'd take it personally if people responded negatively. But ultimately, other people's opinions don't matter. So I got up there and read a chapter from my book; a chapter that shows (I hope) how big my brave is.



And hey, I even sold a book afterwards. Yep, just one. Luckily I don't measure success in numbers. Success was being able to write it down in the first place.

I couldn't have done it without you, Sara Bareilles.

And my GOODNESS do I make weird faces when I talk.



Why has no one pointed this out to me before??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment